Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Dated : 06.04.2017
Sub: Scheme for Promotion of Adventure Sports & Similar Activities amongst Central Government Employees – Programmes to be organized by Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering & Allied Sports, Manali.
Please refer to the Department of Personnel & Training Office Memorandum of even number dated 04.12.2015 regarding Scheme for Promotion of Adventure Sports & Similar Activities amongst Central Government Employees( copy enclosed).
2. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering & Allied Sports, Manali has offered the following programme for Central Government Employees eligible under the Scheme :
|S.No.||Name of Programme||Adventure Camp|
|1||Course Duration||5 Days|
|Training Period||20th April to 24th April.2018|
|Course Schedule||26th April to 30th April.2018|
|26th June to 30th June 2018|
|12th July to 16th July, 2018|
|18th July to 22nd July, 2018|
|11th Sept to 15th Sept,2018|
|18th Sept to 22nd Sept,2018|
|27th Sept to 015t Oct. 2018|
|11th Oct to 16th Oct. 2018|
|18th Oct. to 22nd Oct. 2018|
|29th Oct to 02nd Nov 2018|
|06th Nov to 10th Nov 2018|
|13th Nov to 17th Nov 2018|
|Minimum: 10 persons Maximum: 20
Rs. 2000/- per day per person
|Equipment hire charges||Rs . 2000 per person for 5 days|
|Total Course fee||Rs. 10000+2000= Rs.12000/ –|
Course fee includes: Manali to Manali- Boarding, lodging, Camping equipment, Trainers, local transport (except at the time of arrival ), first aid medical, ground evacuation, communication and group insurance.
Schedule for all programes
|Pre Lunch Programme||Post Lunch Programme|
|Day 1st||• Arrival, Registration and Briefing
• Visit to Museum
|• Issue of Equipments
• Lecture on do’s and don’ts in Himalaya
• Visit to Hadimba Temple
• Briefing for the next day programme
|Day 2nd||1. Trek to Solang Nalla (8,134 ft.) via Club House, Goshal and Burua||• River Crossing
• Trek to Anjni Mahadev
• Briefing for the next day programme
|Day 3rd||• Trek to Dhundhi(9,500ft.)
• Distance – 7Km
|• Visit to surrounding of Dhundhi.|
|Day 4th||• Trek back to Solang||• Team games
• Briefing for the next day programme
|Day 5th||• Move to Manali by taxi
• Deposit of equipments
• Certificates/badges distribution
|• Visit to Manali Monastery and market.
0530-0600 Morning Tea
0730-0830 Break Fast
1600-1630 Evening Tea
i. Skiing course schedule for the month of January-February-March 2019 will intimated after Dec. 2018
ii. Training Programme is subject to minor changes based on weather conditions.
3. The interested and eligible Central Government Employees may submit his/her application directly to Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering & Allied Sports, Manali and a copy of the same may be endorsed to Secretary, CCSCSB, Room No. 361-B wing , Lok Nayak Bhawan,Khan Market, New Delhi. Advance payment for the programme has to be paid directly to the organiser and reimbursement as admissible will be made after successful completion of programme. On completion of said activity, applicant may submit expenditure details(fee receipt & Tickets in origina l) along with Aadhar Number and Bank Details linked with Aadhar (Name of Bank, Account Number, IFSC Code and Branch Code) for smooth reimbursement of claim.
4. In case of any query relating to availability of slot and submission of fee in respect of the above mentioned programmes, the applicant may contact Shri Nanak Chand, Nodal Officer(09805338331) or Ms. Dicky Dolma( 09816251035)
5. It is requested that wide publicity may be given to this circular for the benefit of the Central Government Employees.
Director/Deputy Secretary (Administration) of all Ministries/Department.
Copy to : Shri Ankit Gupta, Marketting Officer, YHAl.
Scheme for Promotion of Adventure Sports & Simi lar activities amongst Central Government Employees
Name of Programme/Institute* ________________
1. Name of Applicant* _________________
2. Designation* ___________________
3. Group of Services with level/grade pay(revised)* _____
4 . Father’s Name* ________________
5. Date of Birth* ______________
6 . Address* ________________________
7. Telephone No(mobile) * 1. __________ 2. ______
8. Landline No. * ______________________
9. Ministry/Department* __________________
10. Next of kin to be informed in case of emergency _______
* mandatory fields
I, understand that the programme may involve serious risk to me. I am undertaking the programme at my own violation cost, risk and consequence.
11. I hereby undertake that I will not held responsible Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board/Government of India for any untoward incident/mis-happening.
(Signature of Applicant)
Name in Block Letters ______________
This is to certify that the applicant is a Central Government Employees working in the main Ministry/Department and information given above is correct. The applicant is medically fit for the adventure activities opted by him/her.
( Welfare Officer )
Department of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, the 4th December, 2015.
SCHEME FOR PROMOTION OF ADVENTURE SPORTS & SIMILAR ACTIVITIES AMONGST CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
1. Background: The Department of Personnel and Training recognizes that welfare of employees is one of the prime tasks of personnel management and sports activities play an important role in improving their efficiency and morale. Participation by Central Government Employees in adventure sports and similar activities will give them a platform where they would learn lessons from nature and use the knowledge acquired for welfare of the society.
2. Vision: To foster spirit of risk-taking, cooperative team work, capacity of readiness, vital response to challenging situations, endurance and environmental awareness.
3. Mission: The Mission of the Scheme for promotion of adventure sports and similar activities is to encourage Central Government Employees working in the Ministries/Department of the Government of India to take pa,’! in these activities by giving financial assistance and other incentives. The Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board, a Society registered under the Society Registration Act, 1860, which is under the aegis and control of the Department of Personnel & Training will be the nodal agency for the Scheme.
(i) The Scheme would tackle the alarming situation of stress and impact of sedentary life on Government servants as highlighted in several studies conducted so far;
(ii) It would provide a creative outlet to Central Government Employees;
(iii) It would create and foster spirit of risk – taking, cooperative team work, capacity of readiness and vital response to challenging situations and of endurance;
(iv) Central Government Employees would be prepared for better Disaster Management; and
(v) Environmental awareness would be inculcated amongst the Central Government Employees.
5. Scope of the Scheme: The scope of the Scheme is limited to Central Government Employees working in the Ministries/Departments of Government of India. It will also be limited to the programme run by Institutes/Organizations approved by the Department of Personnel & Training.
6. Activities to be sponsored and Institutes: The Department of Personnel & Training will sponsor programmes of 5-7 days duration to be organized by the Institutes/Organizations listed at Annex-I. The programme wi ll have components of environmental awareness, disaster management, team spirit, capacity building, and Swachchh Bharat Campaign. The activities under the programme will be Trekking, Mountaineering, Rock-Climbing, Cycling in a difficult terrain, Skiing, Surfing, Boat Sailing, Snorkeling, Rafting, Para Sailing Ballooni ng, Para Gliding, Jung le Safari/Trekking, Desert Safari/Trekking, Beach Trekking and Environmental Awareness Camps etc. A Calendar of the programmes admissible under the Scheme will be circulated by the Department of Personnel & Training from time to time .
7. Financial Assistance and other incentives:
7.1 The Department of Personnel & Training will provide financial assistance to the eligible Central Government Employees for the programme of approved activities and conducted by the Institutes listed in Annex I.
7.2 Financial assistance will be in the form of reimbursement of Travel Expenses, programme fee and Hiring Charges of the equipments as per the terms and conditions specified in paragraph 7.3 and with a maximum ceiling of Rs.20,000/- (Rs. Twenty thousand only) per person per camp. The assistance will be limited to one activity in a block period of two year. Financial Assistance of 100% of programme fee would be provided in a calendar year to two officials of each Ministries/Departments who have been awarded by the Ministry/Department for excellence In service and nominated for the programme.
7.3 The fo llowing Heads are admissible for fi nancial assistance under the Scheme:
i) To and fro travel expenses as per the entitlements under Leave Travel Concessions Rules with a maximum ceiling of Rs. 4,000/-;
ii) Re-imbursement of Programme fee :
(a) 90% for Group’ C’ Central Government Employee;
(b) 80% for Group’ B’ Central Government Employee; and
(c) 75% for Group’ A’ Central Government Employee.
iii) Actual hiring charges if the necessary equipment are hired from any Government agency with adequate proof subject to maximum of Rs. 2000/-.
7.4 Special Casual Leave will be granted to eligible participants in accordance with Department of Personnel & Training Office Memorandum No. 6/1/1985-Estt.(Pay-I) dated 16th July, 1985 and No. 6/ l/85- Estt(Pay-I) dated 7th November, 1988.
8. Procedure for availing benefits of the Scheme:
8.1 The Central Government Employee will register himself with the Institute/Organization for the approved programme and make payment for it. He/she will simultaneously also submit his/her application to Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board duly forwarded by the Welfare Officer of their respective Ministry / Department.
8.2 The Ministry/Department will forward nominations of officials who have been awarded by the Ministry/Department for excellence In service and eligible for Financial Assistance of 100% of programme fee.
8.3 The Welfare Officer of the Ministry/Department in each case will certify that the recommended official is a Central Government employee working in the main Ministry/Department and medical ly fit for the adventure activities opted by him.
8.4 The financial assistance will be given on successful completion of the programme and submission of participation certi ficate to the Central Civil Services Cultu ra l and Sports Board.
9. Flexibility to expand the scope :The Department of Personnel & Training wil l reserve the rights to modify the scheme, addition or deletion of activities, Institutes/Organization, change in pattern of financial assistance and other conditions of the Scheme without any prior notice .