Equal Opportunity Policy & Appointment of Grievance Redressal Officer under Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act
Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt.-110010
AN/ III/ 3012/ Circular/ Vol.VII
All PCsDA/ PCA(Fys) / PIFAs/ CsDA/ CsDA/ CsFA/ IFAs
(through CGDA website)
Sub: Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (PRwD Act, 2016)- regarding.
Please find enclosed a copy of D.O No. 16-3/CCD/ 2018 dt. 10th May 2018 of the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment on the subject.
It is requested to intimate the action taken on the section/ provisions of the PRwD Act, 2016 as highlighted in the ibid DO letter and appoint Grievance Redressal Officer.
(Praveen Kumar Rai)
Sr. Dy. CGDA(AN)
Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey
Office of the Chief Commissioner for Persons
with Disabilities (Divyanjan)
Department of Empowerment of Persons
with Disabilities (Divyanjan)
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Govt. of India
10th May, 2018
Dear Shri Mitra,
As you are aware that the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 has now been repealed by the Rights of Person with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act, 2016). The following Sections in the new RPwD Act, 2016 mandates the establishments to take necessary action at their end.
(a) Equal Opportunity Policy:
Section 21. (1) Every establishment shall notify equal opportunity policy detailing measures proposed to be taken by it in pursuance of the provisions of this Chapter the manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(2) Every establishment shall register a copy of the said policy with the Chief Commissioner or the State Commissioner, as the case may be.
(b) Appointment of Grievance Redressal Officer:
Section 23. (1) Every Government establishment shall appoint a Grievance Redressal Officer for the purpose of section 19 and shall inform the Chief Commissioner or the State Commissioner, as the case may be, about the appointment of such officer.
(2) Any person aggrieved with the non-compliance of the provisions of section 20 may file a complaint with the Grievance Redressal Officer, who shall investigate it and shall take up the matter with the establishment for corrective action.
(3) The Grievance Redressal Officer shall maintain a register of complaints in the manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government and every complaint shall be inquired within two weeks of its registration.
(4) If the aggrieved person is not satisfied with the action taken on his or her complaint, he or she may approach the District-Level Committee on disability.
2. Procedure for implementation of the above provisions is mentioned in detail in Rule 9 & 10 under Chaper- IV (Employment) of the Rights of persons with Disabilities, 2017 (copy of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 and Rights or Person with Disabilities Rules, 2017 is available on this office website: www.ccdisabilities.nic.in).
3. You are requested to kindly intimate the action taken by your Ministry/Department and offices under your administrative control on above Sections/provisions in the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 to this office at the earliest. It is also requested that information in respect of the organizations under your administrative control be sent co this office in compiled form.
(Dr Kamlesh Kumar Pandey)
Shri Sanjay Mitra
Department of Defence
Ministry of Defence
South Block, New Delhi-110011