Procedure for Admission in KV Schools through MP recommendations
As per the decision taken in the 103rd Board of Governors meeting held on 30.10.2015, the existing quota of 06 (six) children for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas on the recommendation of Hon’ble Members of Parliament during each academic session under the Special Dispensation Scheme is enhanced from 06 to 10 (ten) with effect from the academic session, i.e. 2016-17.
The Revised Scheme of Special Dispensation Admission for Members of Parliament comes into vogue with effect from the academic session 2016-17 with the following features:
1. Each Hon’ble Member of Parliament can refer 10 (ten) cases for admission under the scheme in an academic year but such recommendations shall be confined to children whose parents belong to his constituency either by domicile or on account of having been soon-before posted there or else on account of exigencies of service, migrate to his constituency. Such recommendations would be for admissions in Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) located in his constituency only. In case there is no Kendriya Vidyalaya in the constituency of the Hon’ble MP(Lok Sabha), she/he can recommend these admissions in the Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) located in any neighbouring contiguous constituency. For Members of Rajya Sabha, the State from which the member has been elected would be deemed to be his constituency for this purpose. Nominated members of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha can recommend 10 cases for admission in any one or more Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) of the country.
2. These admissions shall be over and above the class strength.
3. These recommendations would be made for classes I and IX.
4. These admission would be made at the beginning of the academic year and no admission would be allowed after the prescribed cutoff date of the year.
5. The recommendations to be made shall be valid only if these are made in the prescribed format provided to each Members of Parliament by KVS(HQ). Recommendations sent in any other format/manner shall not be considered.
6. The children recommended by Hon’ble Members of Parliament must be otherwise eligible for admission as per the extant KVS Admission Guidelines.
Sample Coupon: (Published by KVS (HQ)