House allocation to railway staff to improve accessibility and simplify the process
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. 2018/Trans Cell/S&T/House Allotment
The General Manager, All Indian Railways/PUs, NF(Con), CORE
The DG/RDSO/Lucknow, DG/NAIR/Vadodara
CAOs, DMW/Patiala, WPO/Patna, COFMOW/NDLS , RWP/Bela, CAO/IROAF
Sub: Allotment of House to staff improving availability and simplification of process.
In order to improve availability of Houses for Railway Employees and to simplify the process of allotment, Board (ME, MS, FC & CRB) have approved the following:
- The quarters of a pool laying vacant for more than 3 months or so should be brought into a Common Pool. The process may be started from way side station colony and progressively moved to minor and major colony.
- There may be a single allotment agency considered at the station of the unit that would maintain the record and allot the quarters in accordance with the rules set out by the Rail way/Division/Unit.
- Vacant Quarter shall be allotted as per the rules set out, preferably within 7/15 days of the vacancy.
- Railway/Division/Unit may formulate necessary guidelines for implementation keeping in view the Local conditions and shall make the process transparent and preferably allot the quarters online.
- Other rules & guidelines including policy of allotment of quarters to essential staff as issued from Board shall remain unchanged and as modified from time to time.
This issues with the concurrence of Associate Finance of Transformation Cell of Railway Board.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt and ensure compliance .
Source: Indian railways