F. No. I. 11019/9/2018-CRD
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Cadre Review Division
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market,
New Delhi, dated 25 /5/2018
Sub: Calendar for Cadre Review of Central Group ‘A’ Services
The undersigned is directed to say that in terms of this Department’s OM No. I. 11011/1/1009-CRD dated 14/12/2010 the ideal periodicity of cadre review is 5 years. Despite the said instructions and repeated reminders, it has been observed that the said periodicity is not followed. The cadre review in some cases is pending for even more than 40 years.
2. In view of the above, this Department has prepared a calendar (Annexure) for cadre review of the Central group ‘A’ Services, which is required to be followed by the Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCA) strictly. The months and year mentioned in the calendar is the time frame by which the cadre review proposal should be submitted by the Cadre Controlling Authorities to DoPT positively.
3. All the CCAs are therefore requested to submit cadre review proposals in accordance with the calendar without any exemption. For other service which have not been mentioned in the calendar and the cadre review is not due, the Cadre Controlling Authority concerned may submit their proposal in accordance with the Cadre Review Guidelines, as and when they feel that the cadre review is required.
4. Any proposal for addition in cadre strength of Central Group ‘A’ Services (Creation, encadrement, upgradation, merger etc.) must be routed through DoPT as reiterated in this Department’s OM No. I. 11019/17/2016- CRD dated 15/2/2017.
(M S Subramanya Rao)
All the Cadre Controlling Authorities of Central Group ‘A’ Services (as per list enclosed)
1. Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure (Attn: Mrs. Annie G. Mathew, JS (Pers)), North Block, New Delhi
2. Estt. (RR), DoPT
Calendar for Cadre Review/ Midterm cadre review 2018
Cadre Review completed :
1. Central Industrial Security Force
2. Indian Petroleum and Explosive Safety Service (IPESS) (New Service)
Proposals under consideration :
1. Indian Railway Personnel Service
2. Indian Railway Traffic Service
3. Indian Railway Service of Engineers
4. Indian Railway Accounts Service
5. Indian Railway Stores Service
6. Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
7. Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
8. Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers
9. Railway Protection Force
10. Indian Defence Estate Service
11. Indian Naval Armament Service
12. Indian P&T Building Works Service
13. Indian Economic Service
14. Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service
1. Defence Research and Development Service
2. Survey of India Group ‘A’
3. Indian Metrological Service
1. Central Water Engineering Service
2. Medical cadre of BSF
3. Medical cadre of ITBP
4. Medical cadre of CRPF
5. Indo-Tibet Border Police
6. Indian Foreign Service
7. Central Health Service
8. Indian Railway Medical Service
1. Defence Quality Assurance Service
2. Indian Legal Service
3. Indian Corporate Law Service
1. Geological Survey of India (All services)
2. Central Engineering Service (CPWD)
3. Central Architect Service (CPWD)
4. Central Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Service (CPWD)
5. Military Engineering Service [Engineering cadre (IDSE), Surveyor cadre and Architect cadre]
1. Indian Revenue Service
2. Indian Radio Regulatory Service
3. Central Labour service
1. Indian Revenue Service (Customs)
2. Indian Cost Accounts Service
3. Indian Information Service (Mid-term review)
1. For IPESS Cabinet approval obtained. Notification/Order to be issued by the Department.
2. For Indian Economic Service, CCA is required to provide information sought by DoPT latest by 30/5/2018
3. The month indicated above is the target month for the CCAs for submission of cadre review proposal to this department.
4. Services, where cadre review could not be undertaken due to any court cases (s) related to cadre review, the concerned CCA may provide detail of such case and reason(s) for non conducting cadre review with approval of Minister-in-charge. In remaining cases, even if the CCA is of the view that no change required in the cadre, objective of the formation of service, changes which took place since last Cadre Review, requirement of service/posts in present scenario may be assessed and sent to this department with the approval of Minister-in-Charge.
5. CCA concerned may develop their own calendar for cadre review of Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ posts. No requirement for sending proposal of cadre review of Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ to this department unless question of policy or up gradation of posts from Group ‘B’ to Group ‘A’ is involved.
6 .For any assistance, Cadre Review Division of DOPT may be consulted.